Last updated November 02, 2018
MantaDrop supports and encourages ideas, services, and tools that use and supplement MantaDrop’s services. At the same time, we are serious about protecting our reputation, our trademarks and our brand identity. This Trademark Policy explains how to refer to MantaDrop, our marks or our services.
A trademark is a word, name, symbol or device (or a combination of those items) that identifies the goods or services of a person or company and distinguishes them from the goods and services of others. The word “MantaDrop” and other MantaDrop graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names (together, the “MantaDrop Marks”) are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of MantaDrop, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Why must MantaDrop protect the MantaDrop Marks? MantaDrop must be to able assure Internet users and others that only the services offered, sponsored, or endorsed by MantaDrop actually bear the MantaDrop Marks. Trademark law requires that we not only protect against improper use of the MantaDrop Marks, but also protect against the use of confusingly similar marks.
USING THE MANTA MARKS
Here are our rules for using the MantaDrop Marks:
We support and encourage using the MantaDrop Marks in the following ways:
- Make fair use of MantaDrop’s Marks. MantaDrop supports free speech and you do not need permission to make legitimate commentary about MantaDrop, the company, or MantaDrop’s services. For example, if you sell on MantaDrop, it’s fine to let people know that.
- Distinguish the MantaDrop Marks from surrounding text by, for example, capitalizing the first letter of the MantaDrop Marks.
- Spell the MantaDrop Marks properly.
We do not permit the following uses of the MantaDrop Marks:
- Incorporating the MantaDrop Marks or a confusingly similar mark into, for example, the name of your business, organization, non-profit organization, event, or trademark.
- Removing, altering, distorting or modifying the MantaDrop Marks, including adding other terms to the MantaDrop Marks to create new words.
- Using the MantaDrop Marks or a confusingly similar mark in a way that falsely implies a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by MantaDrop, Inc. or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest information comes from, or represents the views or opinions of MantaDrop, Inc. or an MantaDrop employee.
- Using the MantaDrop Marks in a product unless we’ve given you our permission in writing.
- Using any trademarks, service marks, trade dress, designs or logos that are confusingly similar to the MantaDrop Marks or the look and feel of the MantaDrop website.
- Using the MantaDrop Marks in any way or on any website that contains or promotes adult content, gambling, or otherwise violates applicable law or regulation.
- Using the MantaDrop Marks in a manner that is in MantaDrop’s sole opinion misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, tarnishing, obscene or otherwise objectionable to MantaDrop.